Standing in Columbia KY is the Adair County Courthouse built 1884 - 1887 in the middle of the Public Square as the original deed dictated for the seat of justice. It replaced the first 1806 court house that was renovated in 1847. The McDonald brothers, famed courthouse architects, designed seven courthouses that were built in Kentucky. Columbia's is one of the two remaining.
For more visit: http://www.columbia-adaircounty.com/history.shtml