Beautiful morning in Warner Robins, GA!
In 1941, the United States Air Force established a military depot in the small community originally known as Wellston, Georgia. The depot grew into Robins Air Force Base, built in 1941, it covers 6,400 acres and is Georgia's largest single employer, providing an important economic boost to central Georgia. In 1943, the community of Wellston was renamed Warner Robins. Both the Air Force Base and the City are named after Brigadier General Augustine Warner Robins.